9 Things a leader must do is a smaller book and a good reminder. I think I enjoyed his first book more and the 9 things are basically the same, although they have different titles. I have included the titles from the first book in brackets. To me, they are simpler and easier to remember.
'9 Things a leader MUST DO' is an easy read, and covers most of the elements of the first book. If you are looking for a slightly more definitive, well sold approach I would start with "Nine Things You Simply Must Do: To Succeed in Love and Life"
The 9 things are:
- Excavate your soul (Dig it up)- Invest time into what you are passionate about
- Yank the Tooth (Pull the Tooth)- Do not allow negatives to take up space
- Play the Movie (Play the Movie)- Look to the future
- Put Superman out of a job (Do Something)- How can I make this better
- Embrace your inner insect (Act like an Ant) – take small steps in the right direction
- Earn a black belt in hate (Hate Well) – Hate the right things
- Forget about playing fair (Don't Play Fair)- Give back better than you are given
- Quit Self-Exaggerating (Be Humble)- Don't appear to be better than you are
- Ignore the Popularity Polls (Upset the right people) – Don't make decisions out of fear of people
|9 Things a Leader MUST DO|
|Dr Henry Cloud|
|Readability||2||(1 = Easy, 5 = Hard)|
|Enjoyment||4||(1 = Never Read, 5 = Remarkable)|